Monday, September 22, 2008

Reading outloud.

I just got news that I will have to do a mock presentation.

I hate doing mock presentations, I feel it never fully replicates and actual event.

When talking to someone, you go with the flow....you adapt to the conversation and go.

I have read many books on this and there is always the Robot sales technique which is full of jargon and no veering from the script.(RObotS)

It sucks, I read about the best salesman in the world...sold american cars.

NO bs, kept getting sales from referrals cause he was a regular person...no bs

I worked in collections for a long time and the best collector was this little shy Mexican lady that no once could ever hear on the phone....she was nice...she did not belittle people and she always wanted to honestly help.

People would call her to pay her, they would hold for her on the phone.

But, I will just have to deal with it.

But it reminds me of when I was a kid........

I was in Robert F. Kennedy Elementary school. in 5th grade.

My teachers always wanted me to read out loud....cause I was the shyest (SP?)

I never understood that concept, make the uncomfortable bearable by making the uncomfortable unbearable.

I always wondered if I was going to read one day and be like,...."Hey , this is no sweat....I don't know why I always freak out all the time...Look my hands they are not sweating profusely...I am cured!!"

I don't think that happens, I just learned how to read faster to get it over with.

I can read really fast because of it and it has helped in my work life because I can get things done quick....read...absorb...do.

The worst part is when you feel that you are being set up....feel like it was done on purpose to make you look bad or (Good?)....it makes me angry, what if I can't live up to the expectations...what if I fail? What if I suceed?.

fuel for the fire, because I don't want to look stupid I will have to study...get my presentation ready.....and get it over with as fast as possible.

Just like when I was a kid.....Just rip the band-aid off.


"Such things I do to make myself more attractive to you, Have I failed?"
Evilchavo Out.

No comments: