Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Movies|Grosse Pointe Blank

I worked at a movie theatre for a very long time and was a certified projectionist so I have a fondness for movies and like to read the movie scripts to catch those little things that did not make it on the screen or where hard to understand, Grosse Pointe Blank is one of my favorite movies....here is one of my favorite scenes...

Some of whats happened before this scene.

So Martin is back in town to kill someone and not go to his 10 year high school reunion and needs to fix some things in his life that were left unfixed before he took off and left Grosse Pointe Behind...

if you have not seen this movie it is really good and alot of the back and forth is really great....I am trying to keep this post short so I found one of the short back and forths to give you and example of the cool stuff that goes on in this movie.

(This movie is one of the most underated movies of all time)


Martin walks in, not looking half bad,
considering. Debi looks up from some
reading. "Naïve Melody" by the Talking
Heads plays in the studio.

MARTIN
Are you going to the reunion?

DEBI
No. I'm not going. Is that why you're
here?

MARTIN
That's part of it.

DEBI
Well, you'll have a ball. You seem to
have everything everybody wants when they
go back. The car, the suit, the watch.
The look. That just leaves the little
things, like happiness, character, point
of view....

MARTIN
It's always the little things.

DEBI
Yep.

Beat.

MARTIN
I'm wondering how you've been. How you
are. I'd like to catch up with you. If
it's possible.

Beat as Debi considers. She spins her
seat to face him.

DEBI
Okay. Let's catch up. You go first.

MARTIN
Well, there's not much to tell.

DEBI
I'm sure you've done worthwhile things in
the last ten years. You've had
experiences.

MARTIN
Bad experiences.

DEBI
You met people.

MARTIN
Bad people.

DEBI
Watched television?

MARTIN
Bad television.

DEBI
(amused)
Jesus. Marty. You're pathetic. It sounds
like you need a Shockabuku.

MARTIN
What's that?

DEBI
It's a swift spiritual kick to the head
that alters your reality forever.

MARTIN
That'd be good.

Beat.

DEBI
What do you want?

The question is open.

MARTIN
I figured I could pick you up tomorrow
around seven o'clock.

DEBI
Let me get this straight, are you asking
me out?

MARTIN
Yes.

DEBI
Unbelievable.

MARTIN
Seven it is.

DEBI
I'll think about it.



(Have you heard the soundtrack for this movie, was on a loop in my car for many years!)


Evilchavo Out.

(Here is another scene from the movie, it happens before the scene from the script above, Martin just drops in on his girl that he abandoned 10 years ago)

No comments: