Monday, September 29, 2008

Running Away from home part 3

Me and my friend and his mom, made a good team.


We would go walk my friends mom to work in the mornings.....go to school.


Cook her diner and then walk her back home.


I had a place to sleep and shower and I felt appreciated.


One day , me and my friend went to a gig in the hills of Lincoln Heights.


My Stepdad showed up, and all of my friends asked if I needed help.


My friend that I was living with asked if I needed him to help me get my stepdad out of there.


I was shocked that my Stepdad came looking, He was furious.


He wanted to beat me to death , I could see it in his eyes.


When I asked him what he wanted he told me to get in the car.


I was not having any of that.....I was not going to be told what to do.


I told him to leave, I told him that my mom was wrong and that he should go tell her to leave me alone.


He left, but it left a really sour taste in my mouth.


I went looking for job the Monday after, I was underage but looked much older...


I applied as a counter...(A person that counts) for the Sears Warehouse that is (Was?) at Valley Blvd and Soto...under the overpass....to the east of the park.

I took a written test...I did a few interviews...I got the Job...then they called me and said that because I was not 18 I could not work for them.

I would of made good money for my age, I would of rented out my own place, bought my own car and made my own life.

But things happen for a reason....


Shortly there after , My mom showed up at one of the gigs and told me to come back home.


I told her if you want me to come back home, I can't be treated like I am the devil.


I will work and pay for things but need space...I really only went back home....because I missed my brother and I was afraid that he would hate me and that I could not bear to think that he would feel that way towards me......


I went to my friends house and told them that I could not longer stay there , I told them that I could not leave my brother alone.


They were very sad to see me go, I would visit for a while after that....and help them clean and we would have dinner together....but I always went home to sleep afterwards.


I later found out that one of my friends was giving my mom flyers to where she thought i would be and that my Stepdad would go in like a crazy man looking for me.


It always makes things complicated when people don't do the right thing....if my mom would of just let my friend sleep there...


But she didn't and it just added to my anger and frustration while growing up .


It just made me want to leave as soon as possible......

I never really ran away after that , I got a job scooping Ice Cream for Thrify on Whittier by the commerce Movie Theatre...I would work the weekend shift....

I worked over time..every day and had enough to buy gear for myself and my brother help my mom and stepdad with the groceries....and had all the Raibow Ice cream I could fit in my belly :)

Running away helped me appreciate a bed, a shower and a fridge full of food.

It also showed me how to work hard for myself, and it showed my mom that I was growing up and not a kid anymore.

Maybe it was a mean thing to do to my mom, but I think sometimes you just have to rip the band aid off...


Evilchavo Out.

No comments: